Join in on Secular Parenting’s first ever virtual book club as we read Raising Freethinkers this winter! Our book study will start on February 1, 2016, and run for about 6 weeks. The idea behind the project is simple: nonreligious parents across the country and around the world connecting with each other to discuss the same book.
About Raising Freethinkers: A Practical Guide for Parenting Beyond Belief (Dale McGowan, Molleen Matsumura, Amanda Metskas, Jan Devor):
Raising Freethinkers offers solutions to the unique challenges secular parents face and provides specific answers to common questions, as well as over 100 activities for both parents and their children. This book covers every important topic nonreligious parents need to know to help their children with their own moral and intellectual development, including advice on religious-extended-family issues, death and life, secular celebrations, wondering and questioning, and more. (Amazon.com)
If you don’t have a copy of the book already, grab a copy, and get ready for a great discussion!
- Stop by the Secular Parenting forums to participate in weekly discussions. New questions are added on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Join our weekly Twitter chat each Monday night, 8-9 p.m. CST, using #RFChat2016.
- Join the Facebook discussion group.
- Write a blog post related to that week’s reading, and share it with us!
- Connect with other secular parents in person by hosting a local meetup or finding one near you.
Week 1 (Monday, February 1st) : Chapter 1
Week 2 (Monday, February 8th) : Chapters 2 & 3
Week 3 (Monday, February 15th) : Chapter 4
Week 4 (Monday, February 22nd) : Chapters 5 & 6
Week 5 (Monday, February 29th) : Chapter 7
Week 6 (Monday, March 7th): Chapters 8 & 9
We are excited for a wonderful winter of reading and sharing!